18 Sep 2008 14:37
Finally I have decided to start blogging. There are a few reasons: blogs are popular, a blog can be a place to publish my ideas and hopefully some people would read it and comment. A blog is something I have been missing for a long time — a lot of ideas come through my mind and without a single place to publish they are often lost either somewhere on forums, various websites, or even inside my own notebooks, never published on the net.
There are a few reasons I have decided to use Wikidot for blogging. And they are:
- Wikidot has almost all features a blogger might need and a lot more.
- If Wikidot is not suitable for demanding bloggers, this blog will discover the places for improvement.
- I have initiated Wikidot and would like it to be promoted as much as possible.
- I personally like Wikidot and all the powerful features it offers.
One more thing I really like about Wikidot is that you can make it to combine your data from various social portals, either by importing RSS feeds, or by placing widgets on the pages. I will certainly be write more about Wikidot itself later.
So just not to leave you with blurry vision, here is what I will be writing about within upcoming months:
- Wikidot.com - the online service, some behind-the-scene news, howtos and tips
- life at Wikidot Inc. ;-)
- Wikis and collaboration platforms in general
- Social buzz 2.0 Analysis of the market
- Reviews of things I find interesting
- iPhone stuff
- Some private stuff
Content will be for sure categorized using tags, but more about it later.
rating: 0, tags: about blogging